Thursday, February 2

Caching on the Mountain

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers


This was my first official find on my own. Matt went with me of course because if I go anywhere he has to be there in case he gets a call... plus I think he likes to observe the craziness that follows me wherever I go.

Here is a pretty flower I saw on my way to the cache:

Here is the cache itself:

I kind of found it by accident although I would have found it in the end anyhow. I had printed out the details for a cache that AL and I had previously found so that I could check the GPS today and see if our's would work. For some reason, my GPS is on seconds and minutes coordinates instead of decimal points like the coordinates are seen on the geocaching site... at any rate, we discovered that yes our GPS would work we just have to convert the coordinates and then we were off!

All right, so I discovered that I had the wrong paper and was headed back to the car to get the right paper but was watching the ground instead of ahead of me because there were vines everywhere that kept grabbing my feet! I happened to look over to the right and... wait a minute let me retrack mentally here... okay, I looked over to the left and BAM there it was. I was like, "Hmm what is that? What an odd spot for something so... OMG IT'S THE CACHE! I FOUND IT! RIGHT HERE! HERE IT IS!"

I am a very excitable person. It doesn't take much to set off my hyper meter. Matt is used to this so he was just kind of like woo - hoo, you found out as I was giddy as a chipmunk on crack. I don't think it helped that he was hungry... major Mr. GrumpyPants when he's craving a cheeseburger.

Anyhow, the cache was found, signed, put back where it was and that was that. I left a note for the cache owner that the log was barely signable and had gotten very wet. I had extra logs printed out but did not have a baggy to put it in.

2 comments:

Designs By Kelin said...

You found one! You found one! I'm so happy for you! Fun isn't it?

Tipsy Turtle said...

I love it! Totally addicted lol!